My Grandma Farr has been sick for a while, battling ovarian cancer. At the beginning of December, she got much worse and we knew that she wasn't going to be around much longer.
My Grandma passed away on December 30, 2008. I have no doubt that she was waiting for Christmas to be over, and for Nick's birthday to be over, so it wouldn't affect anyone's celebration.
My Grandma passed away on December 30, 2008. I have no doubt that she was waiting for Christmas to be over, and for Nick's birthday to be over, so it wouldn't affect anyone's celebration.
She will be missed. She was the perfect Grandma. She was funny, kind, hard working, and ALWAYS had a positive attitude.She remembered each of her grandchildren and great grandchildren's birthdays, (She is the Grandma that always sends $5 in the birthday card, and makes sure it arrives ON the actual day. (Nick's birthday was no exception).
She remembered your favorite cookie/candy and made sure she had them on hand at Christmas time.
As a wedding gift, she made a quilt for each of her grandchildren, and a baby quilt for the first baby of each grandchild.
She really was amazing, and I hope I can be half the person she was!
3 comments:
Yeah Lindz you have been a very busy girl. I loved your Christmas posts and Nick's b-day. That was such a nice tribute to your grandma I bet she was one great woman. Now onto 2009!!!
So sorry to hear that your grandma passed away. It sounds like she lived an incredibly full and happy life, surrounded by all of her loved ones.
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma - - I remember meeting her at one of your fabulous events. May you forever hold her close to your heart.
Post a Comment